(originally published on December 19, 2017)
I don’t know if any of you know this about me, but I love YouTube more than I do regular television! I watch it 24/7. As much as I watch YouTube, I’m sad to say it took me way too long to discover Dustin’s Channel. In fact, it was through his Twitter account that I found him. I would see him talking to Here for the Tea and he seemed like an amazing person. We talked a couple of times, so I finally decided to check out his Channel. Let me tell you, I had been missing out!
Dustin is not only adorable, but has a charming personality, yet he’s also a strong man and won’t let anyone bring him down. He does have some very sweet soft spots, though. Dustin loves his family, friends, fans, and especially, his long time partner, Eric. The two of them are such a beautiful couple!
So, let’s jump right into my interview with Dustin Dailey:
1. You did a video about how you met Eric. (R.I.P. Myspace!) After being with him for about a decade (hope I’m getting that right!), what would you say are the factors as to why the two of you have remained such a strong, united couple for so long?
Eric an I are very much alike, to the point it’s almost scary. After the first two years of our relationship is when Eric began to get very sick and seeing him deal with everything he goes through while being there helping him through it really solidified our relationship, there’s nothing that neither of us wouldn’t do for one another. I think finding someone that you can literally trust your life with is key, knowing that you can depend on your partner/spouse no matter the situation be it good or bad knowing that they will always have your back is major.
2. You’ve mentioned both your mental health and Eric’s before. That meant a lot because I am a mental health advocate and I can relate to a lot of things you talked about, i.e. anger issues, OCD, and (especially) anxiety. I know having a supportive partner is very important (I have my husband). How do you two support each other? Also, you mentioned that he had other health issues you two were trying to figure out. I respect Eric’s privacy, I just wanted to ask if the both of you have been able to get any answers?
Eric an i both have open door communication with one another, he knows everything about me as i do him, secrets don’t make for good relationships and that’s always been our policy from day one. Aside from Eric’s severe OCD he has a whole host of other medical issues which as of recently have been turning around as he’s been making big strides in diet as well as his emotional well being. For now since the doctors cannot pinpoint what exactly causes Eric to have so much fatigue and lack of energy he’s been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, he has his good days but he also has his bad, slowly but surely i have faith his doctors will figure this all out eventually.
3. I remember you saying that you had acne growing up and now your skin has cleared. I had acne prone skin until I was 30, so I don’t blame you for taking pride when it comes to how good your skin looks! I know you’ve talked about using Glam Glow, but can you talk about some other skin care products you swear by?
GIRL! I’m absolutely addicted to skin care, it’s my thing! Anyone knows if you have a good skincare regimen it starts with making sure your skin is moisturized, my holy grail for that is Dr, Jart Cicapair Tiger Grass Repair Cream. It’s a bit pricey but it’s worth every cent because the tube lasts forever. I suffer from a lot of redness and this just zaps it away! Another great product is the Drunk Elephant C Firma Serum, it doesn’t smell that great but it will make your skin glow so radiantly. My favorite thing is a good mask and my favorite at the moment is the loreal purify and mattify green clay mask, since sometimes my skin can be a bit shiny LOL it really reduces that and makes my skin feel so soft!
4. I saw in your video A Message to My Younger Self how much you love music. Some artists I recall you talking about in videos have been Avril Lavigne, Aerosmith, and Kendrick Lamar. Do you have any other favorite artists, and what what song do you feel like represents your life and who you are the most?
This is an extremely difficult question to answer because i’m such a music lover but if i had to pick one song that describes who i am the most that would represent who i am as a person it would have to be Frank Sinatra My way. “regrets I’ve had a few, but yet again too few to mention” is so me, i try to live my life to the fullest with no regrets or what if’s and this song definitely embodies that and my philosophy.
5. Just like you, I watch YouTube more than TV as well. What are your favorite Youtube channels?
Well you already know that I am the ultimate Trisha Paytas fan, she lives her life her way and she’s not afraid to cry about it after. I also live for The Gabbie Show, I’ve followed her from Vine over to youtube and i haven’t been disappointed because she can always make me laugh, or cry with her. I’ve been really into KiKi Chanel for the past six months or so, she’s really underrated and doesn’t have the subscribers i think she deserves because this girl seriously cracks me up and she’s damn good at makeup as well. hmmm i’d also have to say Shane Dawson, i’ve watched him since he practically started youtube much like i have Trisha, he’s evolved and grown up so much since he started this venture and i really identify with how he’s grown.
6. Do you think you’ll ever lend your take part in any additional apps in the future (such as Stardust, Vine 2, etc.), or do you think you’ll stick with YouTube?
TOTALLY! I can’t wait for Vine 2 to come out, i used to watch Vine just as much as youtube ( i totally miss laughing my face off to all the crazy stuff i would see). Maybe Vine would be a good way for me to grow my youtube channel lol….
7. Do you have any other career prospects you wish to achieve in the future besides YouTube?
Not really at the moment, i’m just going with the flow. I’ve literally done everything it seems like but i’m ready for something new, maybe i’ll open my own business….. but what i’m not sure of HAHA!
8. What can we expect from both you and your Channel in 2018?
I can’t really say what you can expect from me as a person because i’m so all over the place lol, but from my youtube channel you can expect a lot more fun content more than just drama because i want people to watch me for who i am and not just who i’m talking about ya know? I doubt it’d ever happen but i’d love to be able to connect with a large audience from all around the world and try to make a difference for them for the better, I was blessed with a big mouth and an even bigger opinion so hopefully i can be the voice for people that don’t have one in the years to come!
Thank you so much, Dustin! I’m so glad you agreed to do this interview! (Also, I’m excited you gave KiKi Chanel a shout out!) I have no doubt that your YouTube Channel is going to continue to grow and that you’re going to do well on Vine 2 as well. (I smell a collab! 😏) You clearly have the drive, likability, looks, and talent. Everyone can follow him on Twitter here, Instagram here, and on Snapchat-ThreeDailey.