(originally published on June 15, 2018)
Note: Since doing this interview, Tea Spill has hit 100K Subscribers! I want to congratulate her and say that she truly deserves it. Drama Channels get a bad reputation and she does not deserve to be mixed in with the few bad ones that are out there!
So, here’s to you Tea Spill! I’m proud of you! Below is the original article and interview! Enjoy!
Meet one of my favorite Drama Channels: Tea Spill! This fun and creative Channel is fairly new to the scene, making her start in 2017. Now, it’s clear that one of my favorite genres on YouTube is Drama Channels, but that doesn’t mean I like every one of them. Something needs to stand out. Which leads me to Tea Spill.
I think her Channel, while definitely delivers “the tea”, is also a Channel that you can kick back with the drink of your choosing and/or snack and just have a good time! It’s a lot like making a new friend with each new video. It’s important to feel a connection with the content creator you’re subscribing to and I feel like with each video, Tea Spill and I are hanging out and having “girl talk.” But, I promise, this Channel is for everyone, it’s not just for women. Don’t want to act like there’s this “No Boy’s Allowed” sign, here! Fortunately, you never get that impression of her on her Channel whatsoever. I just wanted to be clear.
So, let’s get on with the interview and I can’t wait for you to get to know one of the fastest growing Drama Channels today!
- I have been a fan of your Channel for a long time! What inspired you to come up with such a great name,”Tea Spill”?
Thank you so much!! Honestly, I just remember always hearing people say “spill the tea” and thought hmmm….. spill the tea….. tea spill!
- I asked Drama Mama (another Drama Channel I admire) if anyone in her personal life knows what she does? How about you? If not, do you ever plan on telling anyone in the future?
Majority of the people I’m closest to know about my channel, although most of them aren’t into Youtube and don’t really understand the whole thing. Which is why I’m so grateful for some of the amazing friends I’ve met through Youtube!
- I have a great amount of respect for both you and your content, which I’m sure is clear by now! What inspired you to start a Drama Channel and could you have foreseen the success you deservedly amounted to?
Looking back when I started my channel (almost a year ago!) I never would’ve thought I’d even reach 100 subscribers. Now approaching 40K, even though on the spectrum of things, that’s still small I’m extremely grateful for every single person who takes the time out of their day to watch my content and interact with me. Before I even started my channel I absolutely loved watching drama channels and would gossip with my boyfriend about all the latest drama on Youtube (although I don’t really think he cared about makeup drama lol) so then I thought… why not make my own channel and join in?
- Do you ever plan on starting a second channel, a podcast, or something else similar on the side in addition to your main Channel?
I’ve thought about starting a second channel before. I’m really into true crime videos at the moment, even before Youtube was a thing I always looked forward to watching America’s Most Wanted with my dad every Saturday night. That might be something I think about doing in the future, but for now, I think it’s best to focus on one channel.
- This is a bit of a personal question and I hope you don’t mind me asking, how different are you from your personal life from your YouTube life and is it ever hard to separate the two?
Unfortunately, with the type of channel, I have my subscribers don’t get to know me on a personal level, which makes it easy to separate my personal life from Youtube. Although I have the same kinda outlook in real life as I do on my Youtube. I try to bring humour to my videos because at the end of the day it’s just makeup and beauty related drama and we don’t have to take everything so seriously all the time.
- What other Channels on YouTube do you like to watch? Are there any TV shows you like to binge watch on streaming services like Netflix?
I’ve been loving Shani Grimmond, Michael Finch, Shaanxo, Danelle Hallan, Pocket full of primary, and Alissa violet just to name a few. On Netflix, I’ve been binging Forensic Files, End of the F**king world, and Skins (for the 100th time).
- I can’t wait to see what you have in store for the future! So, that brings me to this questions, what does 2018 look like for your Channel and what do you see both for your career online overall moving forward?
I just want to keep creating content people enjoy and maybe make people laugh a few times throughout my videos. I’d love to improve my editing and maybe start incorporating a few voice-over style videos once and a while!
Thank you so much, Tea Spill! I had a blast talking to you and you were such a sweetheart! It’s been awesome getting to know you on social media and I can’t wait to watch your Channel grow as well as you, yourself growing as a strong, creative woman! It was an honor to interview you and I encourage all of you to check out her Channel and subscribe. Once again, her Channel is here. You can also follow her on Twitter here and also on Instagram here.